Fab Kids: Toddler Tea Party with Oh Joy for Target Decor
Two back-to-back parties? I don’t know what got into me but I ambitiously hosted 2 back-to-back parties at home during the new year. On New Year’s Eve, I had another family over for a dinner party to ring in the new year. And then just hours later, 4 toddlers and their lovely moms came over to help celebrate new years day!
I figured since I had all this new years decor up, why not use it again? So last minute, I invited Juliet’s best girlfriends over for a toddler tea party. I love how everyone came dressed to impress – including the moms!
Here’s an overview of the decor, mostly bought at Target (from the Oh Joy collection).
What’s a tea party without tiaras for all the toddlers? Amazingly, they were terrific at keeping them on! They must have enjoyed the princess treatment.
It was a B.Y.O.B (booster seat) party because I wanted everyone to sit at our new dining table but half our guests forgot theirs and so since everyone was fine sitting on the big girl chairs, we dined without. Looking back on these pictures now, I have to say they almost look cuter sitting so low plus I think that the booster seats would have been a distraction from the clean, simple decor I was going for.
Read all about the decor elements on my prior post (my new years eve dinner party).
- tea sandwiches for the toddlers (PB&J, nutella, ham &swiss with lettuce and honey mustard) cut into .5″x.5″ squares
- tea sandwiches for the moms (ham & swiss with lettuce and honey mustard, tuna fish salad, chicken avocodo with eggplant spread) Yes I made all 6 types of sandwiches..NY women sometimes DO cook 🙂
- chicken pasta (leftover from the night before)
- 3 kinds of scones (chocolate chip, cranberry, blueberry)
- mini-cupcakes by Baked by Melissa
- Macarons to match the color theme
- mini-sized baby apples
- mango and blueberry fruit salad
- teas and coffees for moms
- rasberry, banana, watermelon smoothies for the toddlers served in toy teacups (since the kids can’t drink tea yet)
Here’s a video that one of the moms took of us all in action. (Sorry I don’t know how to flip it around here..)
It was such a joy to watch my baby experience her first tea party with her besties. Are they adorable or what??
To see close-ups of all the decor, visit and follow my Instagram account @stylishlystella! And for more tea party or any toddler party inspiration visit my Pinterest page! Thanks for reading. Have a great day!