Chic Chanel Party Planning Ideas for your Favorite Fashionista
When Juliet asked for a “fancy dress-up party” with just her closest girlfriends, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to host her party at Glitter and Glam, (a beautiful kids’ spa with runway) and to incorporate the CC no.5 idea I had been secretly already been planning for her 5th birthday! Yes, a Chanel party for kids! But without titling her birthday, a Chanel party, I incorporated all of the brand’s iconic elements, (all fashionable signatures that I adore) into the party’s design and produced a Cute and Classy CC no.5! Read on to see how and collect your own party planning ideas for a super chic Chanel-inspired party that YOUR favorite fashionista will love!
- Pick your color theme. Juliet’s favorite color is pink and given the venue was primarily white and pink and had gold chairs, chargers and candelabras, I knew to compliment the signature black and white Chanel combo with shots of pink and gold. Let your venue’s natural surrounding and offerings help determine your party’s colors and/or choose the venue with your color theme already in mind and save money. Work with the venue’s set colors not against it.
- Incorporate the logo. These kids now all think that CC stands for Cute and Classy lol! And that’s exactly what they were. Cute and oh so classy. For her 5th birthday, we played off the famous perfume, titling the event CC no.5. Thank you, Supermimi for all the super custom printables! They elevated the party giving it a professional, custom look! (Don’t you love her shop’s name? It’s like a superhero is coming to your party’s rescue lol) I highly recommend her super powers. She has a stylish eye, quick response time and uncanny ability to customize anything from chocolate wrappers to straw flags and banners!
- Find and Feature coordinating fabrics. It’s all about the fashion after all. So go beyond plastic table covers. Think quilting, black and white stripes, or in our case, flowery 3-D pink fabric that elevated this kids’ party tablescape or nubby black and white tweed for the selfie station backdrop!
- Get guests to dress upEncourage guests to dress in theme and I promise, your pictures will really pop! If you have stylish friends like I do, it’ll be welcomed as a fun challenge. I love my friends. They’re always up for a fun fashion theme!It serves as a natural ice breaker too to see and discuss how people chose to style themselves.
- Produce a fashion show and provide props. I provided Chanel-inspired kids’ outfits and accessories for the little girls to borrow. Props could include everything from berets and pearls to sunglasses, gloves, poodles and Coco-like outfits. See prior post on the 5 things to look for when hunting down Chanel-inspired fashions!
- Get glam and pampered. Even littles enjoy luxe spa treatments! Manis, pedis and a selection between makeup application and a facial was enjoyed by all! Read on here for more on Glitter and Glam’s spa offerings and services. They are so sweet to kids and made getting beautified truly a Cute and Classy experience!
- Parisian foods. For our brunch we had French croissants and quiches offered alongside beloved breakfast and lunch offerings like salad, mac n. cheese, bagels, fruit kebobs and oatmeal. Your menu could also consist of a crepe station, baguette and cheese station, and a macaron tower. Is it cold out? How about some hot COCO?
- Decorate with fashionista flair. I copied pages out of my Chanel book and decorated our selfie station with gorgeous Chanel-inspired illustrations (as already shown above). I also added Coco Chanel’s famous quotes around the walls of our dining room and by our rolling rack to continue the theme. “Everyday is a fashion show and the world is your runway.” – Coco Chanel <door sign below>Even the hats were custom-made to match the decor with a giant crepe camellia. Thanks to Roniesia from Lifestyle and Events for hand-making all of these for us and for helping to install, setup and breakdown this party with me!SupermimiDesign helped make every detail look so posh with the printables! Other fashionable details included pearl napkin holders that doubled as favors and quilted chain purses that doubled as favors and chair decor.And what about these amazing Chanel stickers that I nabbed at the Chanel NY pop -up experience? I placed them on trays and on all the kids’ glasses!
- Offer fashion-forward desserts. CC or Chanel glitter lollipops anyone?
Sweet Caroline Confections provided the most glamorous glittery lollipops we had ever seen. They were a huge hit with the kids AND moms! And they tasted sooo good. Contact her! She’ll make any custom design look perfectly beautiful.To match the invite, party theme and colors, I also worked with A Dose Of Pink on Chanel and beauty themed cupcake toppers. Surprisingly, these delicate creations shipped without any breakage and looked incredibly artistic in person. Notice the quilted CC detail?They’re toppers so you add them with a little frosting (glue) to whatever cupcakes you want. Juliet and I had so much fun baking them the night before her party and then felt like professionals presenting them with these amazing toppers. Prettiest cupcakes ever!And then there was the cake. What sort of birthday would it be without cake? It’s the star of the table and as elegantly made as this was, it surely did shine! Knowing that Juliet did not want any black on her cake, I opted for a black and white cake stand (a Sephora box turned upside down). And I asked Jolirose Bake Shop to create a quilted white cake with gold pearl accents and a gold sequin bottom. It turned out more fabulous than we could have imagined!Is this not the prettiest cake? Inside was white cake with baby pink frosting to match the decor. Thank you to all the vendors who participated in exchange for promotion. The party would not have been the same without you!
What was your favorite detail?
Share with a fashionista who would love this!
Juliet chose Paris for our family’s next travel destination – how perfect for a post – party present! Make sure to follow along our daily adventures through our IG stories @fabgabblog