Fashion. Food. Friends. Fall Foliage and tons of Fun. That pretty much describes the incredible girls’ getaway I just experienced in lovely Manchester, VT! I had never been to Vermont in the fall nor have I been away from my family or my daughter for more than 24 hours so this 3-day trip was filled with excitement and anticipation. And it was extra indulgent because thanks to Manchester Designer outlets sponsoring us style bloggers, it involved a shopping spree at their glorious outlets!
They had me at shopping spree. (Or was it hello?! ) Just about a 3.5 hour drive from Manhattan, suddenly our concrete jungle views were replaced with breathtaking, fall foliage (and without an angry NY-er in sight!) Think mountains sprinkled with fiery vibrant colors, darling apple trees, picturesque river views, pretty pumpkin patches and PEACE.
What a getaway! Every New Yorker NEEEEEDS this! It was amazing to let go of the chaos, hustle and bustle of Manhattan and the responsibilities of motherhood. Oops did I say that last part out loud?? Ehem, lets suffice it to say that this mommy really enjoyed the rest and relaxation. What a memorable way to soak in all the fall feels this season!
Where to Stay
There are lots of places to witness the pinnacle of fall foliage ranging from AirBnBs (which is what we opted for), to beds and breakfasts, to your classic hotels. Next time I come back (and I do plan to return!), I’ll make sure to stay at Wilburton Inn where we enjoyed breakfast with a view.
This elegant hilltop estate, noted as one of the top 8 mansion hotels by CNN, offers such fun themed events (and you know how much I love a theme party!!!) Murder mystery weekend, anyone? Doggie slumber party and canine costume ball? They have it ALL!
257 Wilburton Drive. Manchester, VT. 802.362.2500
What to do
1. Manchester Designer Outlets. With ZERO sales tax on apparel and footwear on top of the already spectacular sales in Manchester, VT, you should know this will not be your average shopping trip! Expect heart-pounding deals that will make you want to shout from the rooftops.
Can you believe I bought a glam velvet tee AND a pair of tights for just $5.40? OMG YES!
Combine the unbelievable deals with the fact that the sales staff are so friendly, and helpful (no Pretty Woman shopping experience at any of the 40 stores here!) and you’ll never want to shop NY retail again! Here we are racing to some of our favorite stores: Kate Spade, JCrew, Ann Taylor, and Eileen Fisher.
Did you know that Manchester Designer Outlets had the nation’s only Marimekko outlet?
2. Equinox Valley Nursery. We fulfilled ALL our fall fantasies by stopping by this one, family-owned, nursery and pumpkin patch. Trust me, THIS is where you go to check off your fall bucketlist. Hay ride? check. Fresh apple-cider doughnuts? check. Corn maze? check. Pumpkin patch? check. Barn, scarecrows and endless flower selection? Check check and check!
Wanna give everyone a major case of FOMO? Go here and take lots of pics. Your people will love and hate you for it. We Instagram-ed the HECK out of every corner and view because it was just that beautiful!
See my saved videos for more autumn eye candy in my Instagram highlight reel here.
3. Biking. Grab your favorite people and hop on a bike. Manchester has everything for the leisurely riders who want simply to enjoy the view to something special for thrill-seekers who want to race down a mountain! Click here for more!
For more ideas on fun activities in and around the Manchester, VT area, click here.
What to eat
Ever go on a trip and totally luck out with being able to feast on the most flavorful foods? I felt this way thanks to those who organized this trip and their on point recommendations! Lucky for you, I’m passing them all on! Unlucky for me, my waistline now needs a workout! Here’s where to stop for a bite in Manchester, VT:
1. Seasons: Irresistible American food in the coziest of atmospheres that will have you feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. Imagine enjoying a seasonal cocktail by their open fire pit here!
4566 Main St. (802) 362-7272
2. Copper Grouse Located within the beautiful Taconic hotel, the breakfast menu had something for everybody with “inventive takes on tavern fare.” Avocado toast was a huge hit as was the steel-cut oatmeal and fruit (shown below)!
3835 Main St. (802) 362-0176
3. Depot 62: I’m a NY-er so when I say the pizza here is good, BELIEVE ME. That mushroom pizza was so freakin’ mouthwatering that I don’t even want to think of it as I write this at 1am in the morning lest I start salivating, break down and start scavenging through my fridge. Wood-fire oven. Enough said. Plus you’ll enjoy the funky home decor and exotic rugs since this is part eclectic furniture store.
515 Depot St. (802) 366-8181
4. Barrows House: Southern Vermont Hotel & Inn: This warm and welcoming venue was a wonderful dinner find. Everyone couldn’t stop raving about how delicious their food was! Plus, they specialize in special events (weddings included), are known for their outdoor dining and seem to have a happening bar too!
3156 VT-30, Dorset, VT 05251 (802) 867-4455
Thanks to the wonderful company I had and that goes not just for the fabulous fashionistas that were participating in the incredible shopping getaway with me. I’m speaking of the entire crew from Mom Trends, Gale Branding, and Manchester Designer Outlets. Everyone was SUCH a delight to not only work with but simply BE with and that MADE the trip. What an honor it was to be chosen to participate in this memorable opportunity.
Tell me in the comments below, what things are on YOUR must see and do checklist every fall!